Hi again!

Today, I have several things to post about. First, my latest resto is a March 1974 moss green (-51) 500 with a thin three wire cord and Lugs on the end of the cord. Thankfully, no one cut the cord, so to speak.

[Linked Image from i83.photobucket.com]

The chief phone tech kitty was (Buffy) trying to make a call on it but discovered that some numbskull hadn't hooked it up yet.

This is a nice photo of Buffy's tail end as he was looking out the window to see if the (non)service landline ATT tech was here to install the T1 connection that he ordered. (He is told at least once a day that he has 'rings'!)

So far, there are four phones and one type 3 speaker to have been restored. Here is a group shot.

Now to the current projects.

As of now, I am polishing a -51 handset from a phone that I bought several months ago on e-pay, and that arrived smashed. The seller refunded my money, and told me to throw away the phone (I kept the parts). I am doing this because a very generous soul on the TCI mailer sent me a green Call Director sans handset, so I am getting this ready. I should be done with this on Friday evening (Oct 15, 2011).

Another project that I am working on concurrently is a type three speaker shell in tan. It was in considerably better shape than the green one that I had got a while ago, but it did arrive with a cracked corner. I mended it with super glue, and now I am in the first stages of sanding and polishing. It came with a full length tail, but the very end was cut off, alas.

To be continued...

Real comms took 200lb teletypes, hand keys, sounders, operators and cranked phones!