I've got an inherited Allworx customer (previous dealer no longer around) with a 6x and a single remote site with 5 phones. The remote site is on DSL with a Linksys WRT54GL, and apparently from day 1 they've had intermittent 1-way audio (caller can't hear the Allworx user)whenever there are multiple calls to the remote site or a call is transferred from one remote phone to another. The WRT54GL doesn't allow enough Port Forward entries to do the RTP and SIP port mapping suggested by Allworx for a multiple phone remote site, so we set up a Cisco/Linksys WRV210 that we had on hand. We were able to do all the necessary port mappings, but the 1-way audio was actually worse as it happened pretty much all the time. After that I did some checking and found that the WRV210 has an inherent SIP ALG function that can't be disabled and that 1-way audio is a common problem with that firewall.

The bottom line is that I need to recommend a new firewall and want to be sure that it will work, so I'd like to know if anyone has a make/model that they've used with success in a similar situation. It will need to support a PPPoE connection. They also use wireless in their office so 802.11g wireless support would also be nice.

Thanks.

dmtech