I am putting in a 12x40 SBX for a customer who has analog CO lines now, but they are swapping over to a PRI once the telco is ready in a month or so. I thought I'd get them used to the new way of processing calls without using CO keys so they're ready for the PRI when it comes.

They have 4 sets of lines and answer each set differently, so they need them to know which set of lines are ringing in. They also need to answer multiple calls. I decided the best route is Call Coverage keys using Hunt Groups.

I set up some hunt groups with phantom locals 140-147 and programmed co lines to ring into the hunt groups. The setup can work the same way once they get there PRI service.

I used phantom locals so that the locals are never busy, because the calls are being picked up on real locals with the coverage keys. I have also tried it with real locals 100 & 101 with the same results.

I programmed station 100 with Call Coverage keys for hunt groups 620 & 621. I put a couple loop keys on the phones, and some call park keys, and activated call coverage. Calls ring onto the correct call coverage key and it works great. Problem solved.....or so I thought!

The problem lies in the second call. When the second call appears on the coverage key you have to put the first call on hold, then hang up and go offhook again to get the second call. If you put the call on hold and press the flashing key you can't pick up the line, then when you hang up the coverage key goes out but the phone keeps ringing and the display now shows the hunt group. When you go offhook you automatically grab the call.

Anyone had much experience with Call Coverage keys? I think there must be a setting somewhere, perhaps in station attributes, but I haven't found a solution yet.

Any help would be great.

Thanks