I have an IWATSu ICON phone system. 130 phones in a k-12 environment. Phones are in vlan 5 in the 10.77.80.0/23 network and data in the default vlan in the 10.77.64.0/23 network. DHCP is controlled/provided at the State level. They have option 43 on the root scope to tell the phones to go to vlan 5 and 10.77.80.5 as the gateway to the Phone Switch. I have changed the mbu, the csu and one other card I dont remember the name of to no avail. PROBLEM: Every morning the phones reset 5 times each between 8am-10am. The rest of the day they are fine. Nothing outrageous on the error log other than the resets.

The wireshark on the mbu however indicates IP addresses from the 10.0.7.0 network. The mac addresses for the 10.0.7.0 in the wireshark are associated with an IWATSU phone. The mac addresses do not show up however in any of my switches. It seems that the phones are holding the 10.77.80.x address and it seems that the phone system is pushing the 10.0.7.0 addresses as well. Is this causing the confusion?

Is there somewhere that the phone switch can hold on to a previous IP scheme and it is mixing it up with my new scheme? Where is the 10.0.7.0 coming from? I have poured over the icon program and cannot find the 10.0.7.0 in the program.