Since it appears that Cygnilink and Netlink are the same thing, I am posting my question under both names in the hope someone out there has tried this....

I have a UX5000 that was formerly the Primary system on a 5 node Cygnilink setup. Due to some issues with network performance, we dropped the Cygnilink setup a couple years ago and switched the network to Aspirenet. Works fine for us, no issues.....

I disabled the Cygnilink feature on the PBX ( I think) but when I download the database in PcPro, it still shows all the extension info from the old Secondary Cignilink sites. I don't see them in WebPro - but I also don't get a proper database backup in PCPro....

Today, I attempted to add an analog station daughter board to one of the cards on the system - but it would not recognize - just went into alarm mode. I saw this one other time on a system when I tried to add a card that exceeded the licensed port capacity of the system. I am thinking that the old Cygnilink Secondary system ports are still using license on this system even though they are no longer networked that way. This system is licensed for 256 ports, and I figure I am using 128 ports with installed devices.

I am looking at a program 51-14 in the manual called Cygnilink System Control that says I can use that to delete information for a network node and its slot information.

Wondering if that would clear out all the Cygnilink data from the other systems - but I certainly don't want to do something that would delete the current database, as I don't have a backup since PcPro give me the wrong data....

Pretty wordy here - but if anyone has experience with this Id like the insight. I suppose I could just add port license to the system, but that seems wasteful to me....

thanks!