I took a job as a favor for a client. The ticket is for a voicemail reset for an NEC Electra Elite IPK phone system. The phones are all D-term 80/I series.

I know how to reset voicemails and have worked with NEC systems a little in the past. However, I am unable to determine which phone is the admin phone, no one knows the admin passcode, and most phones have unknown voicemail passcodes on them.

How do I reset the admin password or backdoor into the system? That seems like the only solution at this point.

As far as the admin phone: they do not have an ext 100. Ext 101 (labeled 134) is not it. The director's phone isn't it. Voicemail access for the receptionist's phone (Ext 115) and former Ext 101 (unknown current extension) is locked with an unknown passcode.

They have evidently had decent turnover at this site and zero documentation. Some of these voicemails haven't worked for 3 years!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I may be missing something simple or it may be something simple I am just unaware of, but it doesn’t seem to be so.