It just so happens that the local Mitel/Intertel dealer was in lastweek performing a routine backup. He was able to point me in the right direction.

My helpline is a Key System extension 3033.

Just to update. I chose a different approach. We are going to use Call-Forward Third-Party. On my ICP it's feature code 69. As a Test, I setup my personal cell as Speed Call, with Allow Toll-Override turned on.So Speed call 121 dials 9 + 7-digit Local Number .

To enable, I dial 69 3033 121. I was able to call the local number 912-555-3033 from POTS fax line and it rang through to my cellphone. However, I tried to setup 69 3033 to a another speed call to prevent human error. Example 122. I would dial 122 121 thinking that it would just "stack" the command. It works if I try the extension from an internal phone,
but the call would not go through if it originated externally. The verbal error was the, "We're Sorry, your call could not be completed at this time. Please hang up and try your call again later."

My next problem was that once we did successfully Forward the Key number, we had no indication that forwarding on that line was enabled. That made the problem a non-starter. Apart from explicit turning off forwarding of the key to a cell phone. It turns out that there was a system option that was turned off. Call Forwarding Always - Line Status Indicator ON: needed to be enabled.

So, going forward set setup a speed call for each tech's personal phone. The tech can leave early by dialing 69 3003 + Their-CDE-Speed-call. The next day any tech will see the helpline is on solid. Since we are likely not to be phone when when we walk in it's easily disabled with the CPE speed call #210 that dials *69 3303. This did not involve having to setup night hours or alike.

Last edited by LinuxTech; 02/20/14 05:54 PM.