This particular phone system has been beating us up for a while. 2000 IPS w/ cp24 cpu card, about a dozen digital extensions and 200 analog. We had an AD-40 that handles voicemail for the digital extensions but we could never get voicemail integration to work. I have had 3 different tech companies look at it and all of them have been scratching their head.

I have confirmed the cable is good by moving the cable to a different site with an AD-64 and MCI works.

I ended up "finding" a gently used im-16lx card with software, license, manuals, for cheap so I decided to move from this ad-40 that was built before I was able to sustain conscious thought. (Like come on, the internet doesnt have much info on OS/2 WARP anymore)

So I went through the install, followed the manual step by step, set up the group, a test vm box, etc... The hardest thing was moving the extensions on len000-007 to somewhere else and waiting on backups so I could undo things if it went south.

The only steps I didnt follow was to tell the system to use MCI. after I determined that it wasnt working, I went through the MCI instructions and connected everything and that didnt work either.

Does anybody have any ideas on where I should look for this? I cant find any documentation or any similar problems. Because we have had multiple hands working on this problem I think the problem is the phone system has a few settings out of whack, and the instructions assume the settings are defaulted.

Or maybe I have a bad CPU card?

2nd problem: VM pilot is 3000 on len100 (first port of an analog cards in pim1, my analog cards start at len101 onwards.) and the vm extensions are 3001-3004 when they were on the AD-40, and now are 3001-3008. Whenever a user dials 3000 to access voicemail, it asks for which extension do you want to call. When you dial 3001 it asks for a pin number. Basically the system sees that the caller when you dial the vm ports directly but not the pilot. After setting up the group via the IM-16 documents dialing 3000 would error, so I had to e600 3000 > 3001 but im sure thats the wrong way and my group might not be set up correctly.

Or should I set the pilot to 2999 and ports from 3000-3007?

Sorry for the wall of text.