Ok, I can't be the only one that finds 14.2 not so "Brilliantly Simple" as the previous server software?

Going through my 3rd 14.2 install and finding that I k=now have a "laundry list" of things that need to be done, things I had not previously had to deal with.

Anyhow, the biggest gripe I have is with 14.2 and the 480, 480G and 485 phones.

1. The phones no longer automatically update. I can live with this, but the biggest problem is when you attempt to force the phones to update using the Director's new diagnostic tool is that about 10-30% of your phones will NOT update. Most, in fact, will just fail to download the update from the server. Now once that happens, that particular phone will continuously fail to download the update unless you physically go to it and do a [mute]clear and then a [mute]reset. And then you have about a 20% chance of a successful update to that one phone.

The firmware that is coming on the phones out of the box is so old that the Directory, Voicemail and other menu buttons will not even function on 14.2 without doing an update.

Most installs I do are anywhere from 50 to 500 phones. Where am I supposed to find an additional 10 to 40 hours in each install to do frikking phone firmware updates?

Grrrr... Sorry, had to vent. i'm a little frustrated by this.

Anyone have any suggestions or better ways to force updates to the 480 phones please let me know!

Thanks

D