We have recently took on a new data customer and now they are asking us to support their existing UC540. We are not a Cisco shop, and honestly don't want to become one. With the research I've done, I know that the system has reached End-of-Life and Cisco is recommending that existing customers upgrade to a new product line. Apparently, the previous vendor (no names to protect the unscrupulous)billed and collected for service/maintenance contracts and licensing with Cisco. We found out yesterday that the contracts\licences were never purchased through Cisco. He basically just collected the money and never purchased the support. The customer is working with Cisco to get current support. My ultimate goal is to convince the customer that a new system would be better suited to their needs in the future. In the short term they are asking us to provide as much support as possible, the immediate issue being changing button programming on the DSS keys.

So all that to get to this... Is this system managed via a web browser or with a administrative program? Do we need to be Cisco partners to get the needed software, if any?

Don't want to loose the customer but, if they are in love with Cisco, I may have to tell them to look elsewhere for support.

Thanks in advance.