so this is a beginner question, as I have just started working on univerge sv8100. I feel like I'm missing something basic in the configuration. am attempting to add a new DT700 IP phone. System has 4 IP phone licenses and one active phone that is showing up under extensions and phone setup. here is what I have done:

1. goto ip phone basic setup (15-05). copy the 1 existing IP phone, thinking it will duplicate settings and allow me to add a new MAC. the copy operation doesn't allow me to add a new phone natively! it forces me to pick from an existing extension. so I look for another extension that is IP, only to find none. they are all MLT/SLT type.
2. so I think I need to find a free extension change its type to "IP". I goto system numbering (11-02) but nothing like this exists.
3. I look around for a way to modify the station port type, but cannot find it.

at this point, this becoming ridiculous;I could poke around on a cisco, digium, and others and get farther along than I have gotten so far. Im missing some way to get the basic station port or phone added or modified. Any ideas?

And why can I not see all 4 IP licenses as active on the sv8100? they are present in the licenses portion of the webgui.

And to ask again, how the hell do I introduce a new phone with a unique mac and then assign it an extension? smile

thx in advance,

Will