Hi,

I'm trying to repeat the wifi on my officeserv SoHo, so I get decent coverage all round the building - the obvious solution would be to add the OfficeServ WLAN to my existing wireless setup. I use DD-WRT routers as repeaters, and I have a Billion 7800N as my main router.

The OfficeServ LAN is on the subnet 192.168.111.0. My main WLAN resides on 192.168.1.0, so I have successfully bridged the two subnets, and created virtual access points using the same SSID. DHCP is turned off on the repeaters - the handsets happilly pick up the stongest signal, but it appears that when the handsets disconnect from the base station, and reconnect to the repeater, they are obtaining an IP address from my main DHCP server on the Billion 7800N.

How do I stop this from happening - is there any way to assign static IP to the handsets. Alternatively, I could exclude the handsets from the DHCP range, but I need to know their MAC addresses to do this...and I can't seem to find them (although a network analyser may help).

Cheers

Rob