Inter-Tel 9.006
DB Studio 1.53
Keysets: Executive 550.4500

I'll start with that I'm not a phone installation professional, but I've got several years maintaining an existing system as the IT Administrator. Most of the time I only learn about a feature when it needs to be fixed or modified.

One of my tech support reps brought to my attention that he had a couple customers get into the queue after hours and therefore waited the 60 minute timeout before being forced to leave a voicemail. Upon investigation, I believe it was a result of a call being transferred directly to the hunt group after hours, thus bypassing the STAR.

Not wanting to rely purely on educating our employees to transfer to the STAR extension, rather than the hunt group extension, I also modified the programmable buttons on the keyset to transfer to the STAR application instead of directly to the hunt group.

This all seems to work fine, except seemingly randomly throughout the day, 6 of the lights on the keyset buttons will light up solid for a few seconds, then turn off. The ones that light up are setup for a STAR(4), a CRA(1) or voicemail(1). The DND, Intercom, Conference and Call Line buttons remain off. There doesn't seem to be any functional problems as a result, but I haven't the foggiest clue what is causing this and the random employee stopping by daily to alert me of this "critical" issue is starting to get to me. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark