I was asked by a church pastor if I could do some programming on their DK424 phone system and add voice mail.
He said someone donated a SG-DK-8 awhile back, but they haven't had money to get it installed.

I've programmed AT&T systems before, usually from a serial port, but never a Toshiba. I've been reading the forum and a few manuals I could find online which leads me to this post.

I've been reading that if you don't know the current programming, a program called DKiadmin is extremely useful, and then there's also a separate program for configuring voicemail? There are a lot of handsets, and the system is shared with a pre-school.

From what I've read here, it seems like the professionals prefer doing most programming through a handset. As an old school programmer by trade I prefer using a TTY, but I also don't want to screw this whole thing up. Anyway, from what I've read the only way to get the software is if you're a dealer with access to Toshiba FYI?

Since I'm no dealer I'm wondering if someone here knows an affordable source (I know, I know, it's all relative). Honestly they don't have any money in the budget for this, everything was donated by a church member. Whatever it ends up being will likely come out of my pocket. What did I get myself in to? smile

Here are some pics of the system:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Thanks!