Recently I had the opportunity to show some pictures to a friend of my new backboard I installed at my house. I don't make any claim of being an "installer", I'm just a hobbyist. It's a fairly complicated setup, with both my partner acs and my ITT 501 ksu mounted on it, with the necessary station blocks, KSU blocks, CO blocks and the requisite cross connections to make it all work. I tore everything out on a Wednesday and it was Friday evening before everything was working properly. Anyways, after explaining how much work was involved and what my struggles were, he blithely responds "This doesn't mean jack to me". Granted, I probably need to find new friends... but the sentiment is pretty similar among my other friends and my family. It gets pretty discouraging that nobody seems to care. I understand that this is "my" hobby, but a simple, "wow, nice job" would go a long way. My family can't see past the I-phones at the end of their arms, and the same is true of most people I encounter. I totally get that I am a throwback. I listen to old music, like working on old cars, and would rather talk on old phones. My question to the community is this: Does anyone else deal with this sort of thing? I am a member of TCI, and I attended the show in Lancaster last year. It was nice to be around others with the same interests. But... Once a year is a little thin for me. I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm curious about other collectors and how their friends and families react to their hobby.