As promised, a status update. Replacing the unit resulted in no difference as I expected. My colleague and I were racking our brains. We combed through the config and nothing.

I noticed in the configuration commands for the T1 interface there was a command to disable Remote Alarm Indication. I figured we have nothing to lose trying this and disabled RAI. The T1 came up and would recover on LOS and power failure.

I ran this past the Adtran engineer and he called it a "band-aid that might hold". He still believes there is something faulty upstream from us or in the CO but I don't think we are going to convince the LEC to check those things based on the last vendor meet. I will just have to be happy with this solution. Main thing is the customer will be up after some type of failure not related to the gateway.

Big thank you to Justbill, Rcaman, and Silversam. Your advice was in the back of my mind and, while I didn't break out the tester yet, it definitely helped fire off the brain cell to prompt trying a command related to yellow alarms. ~ Mike

Michael Meyer