Hi,

I have a NBX v5000 running 6.5.22 patch 03. When the system's network protocol is to ethernet only page zones work. I had to change the network protocol to IP-on-the-fly so I can put a 3Com phone at a remote site over a site to site VPN. As soon as I changed the protocol to IP-on-the-fly and reboot the NBX paging broke. When I dial the page zone the name shows on the screen but there is no tone indicate a page is happening. I have seen conflicting advice about IGMP snooping. Currently I have IGMP snooping and querying enabled and things seem to work, the remote phone can make and receive calls and paging works. However after awhile paging stops working. The remote phone was a brand new 3c10401 and I have switched to a 3c10402a to see if the phone was the problem, it isn't. I have replaced the 3Com 4400 at the remote site and that hasn't changed anything. I need a 3com phone at the remote site but having paging break at random times is not acceptable. The site to site VPN is configured to allow multicast. What should I be looking at?

Thanks,
Jason