Guys,

I have an oddball task and I could use some guidance, as I can't find any decent documentation and T1/PRIs are a bit out of my knowledge base.

What I'm trying to do:
PC running Asterisk PBX with PCI TE110P single-span T1/E1 card installed

Merlin Legend cabinet with DS1 card. I have already made the appropriate "T1 crossover cable"

I want to be able to place calls from the Merlin Legend and have those calls sent to the Asterisk box via the T1 and then pushed out to the PSTN via VoIP SIP trunks. I want to eliminate the need for analog SIP gateways and multiple line cords going to the 800 GS/LS card I've been using up until now.

I've looked here: https://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=3784

Following the steps carefully, I get to the point in the steps where I set incoming routing (step 8) and the phone just errors out (beeps) at me if I try to submit the setting change it says to.

I also don't understand how to tell the Legend that I want to continue to dial 9 to dial out of the system. The settings on the phone display are extremely vague.

I'm happy to reset to the system factory defaults and start from scratch if it's really necessary in order to start with a clean slate.

I'm not asking for assistance on the Asterisk part, if I can get the T1 up on the Legend side and get it talking with Asterisk, I can figure out the Asterisk side myself.

I would appreciate some guidance on this because there is no guide or documentation that I can find that is really helping me at all, or maybe I am just not using the right keywords??

Someone out there has done or knows how to do this!

Thanks.

Scott

Tennessee Technology Solutions, LLC | "Business technology solutions reimagined." | (423) 665-9995 | www.423tech.com