I installed a new SBX yesterday, only to find that I can't get dialtone. When you push the line button, you hear 2 clicks, then busy. I had only done some basic programming at this point. Putting my butt-set across the CO, when I access the line, I hear 3 clicks, then dial tone. My line voltage is 48 on-hook, and have 25 ma off-hook.

Pulled the cabinet back to the shop, and it is fine here. Went back out today, and tried messing with the timers, trying to get it to hold dialtone. I haven't found any setting that I can change to allow me to get dialtone. Yesterday, they were using line 1 on old phones, and when I accessed Line 1, I butted into their call, as I expected.

Seems like the problem is whatever the 3 clicks are from the Telco. Seems like I need to disable the CO disconnect setting, or change the timer, but can't find anything that works. Just get clicks, then busy, and all 3 of their lines act the same.

About a year ago, VZN did move them to a remote, and began offering DSL in that area. They are located about 1/4 mile from the remote. Prior to that, they were fed directly out of the switch, which is located about 9 miles up the road.

Had anyone seen anything like this before? It is really driving me nuts.

RUSS K.