LOL...That happened to me on Monday. The tech had two MTAs to install and he had to run a new drop from the pole. When I offered to install the MTA's for him, I thought he was going to ask me for a date. He was comfortable with the coax end of things, but was shaking in his boots when it came time to work with the MTAs. I told him he had to call his office to have the MTAs activated and get the numbers ported. "Oh, is that why they said to call when I got the coax connected?" I said "Well...yeah. The MTAs don't come activated." His initial idea was to mount the MTA's 250' on the other end of the building. I walked him over to the corner of the building and showed him his pole span amplifier and multiple splitters. That was all of 10' away from the building and 3' inside where the telephone system was. Of course, he had to call and get someone's permission. According to the tech, they "forgot" that big amp was in the span.

"Forgot?" Really? How does a company "forget" about a piece of equipment about the size of a VW on the span? I guess that could be a possible reason they are clueless when it comes to properly connecting equipment and porting telephone lines.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet