Just installed an app server with acd on a 670. While testing I realized that if a call was not answered by the 1st agent telephone it rang then the call went to the initial announcement (simple) instead of ringing other agents who were ready and logged in. The initial announcement timer is set for 04 seconds.

For giggles I tested this scenario at other acd sites. Two were using app server and a 3rd was on a micromas-h on win7. I was able to duplicate the issue at every site. After a call rang the first agent and was not answered it went to the initial announcement instead of searching for an idle available agent of which there was at least one in all my testing.

I'm wondering if I have been doing something wrong after all these years programming Strata ACD. Why isn't the call ringing at another agents desk instead of going to the initial announcement? FYI, Once the call transfers to the initial announcement and comes back out then it searches through the available agents properly. Agent RNA timer is 15 seconds.

Dave