Hello all,

I have a customer that is setting up a new office space. Place is presently gutted out and being reconfigured
to the new office plan. I have been asked to prep rough in and move the existing phone system and
computer network from old office space.

Small office five(5) phones and network jacks. Not a big deal, until where they desire to have the head end.

There is a small slot in the lunch room where the refrigerator is to fit. They want to have everything placed on the
wall and then push the refrigerator in place making it impossible to work on anything unless the refrigerator is
unplugged and pulled out.

The mentality is it will not have to be accessed that often and should not be a problem. Should not be a problem
since it is on wheels. When I objected I was asked WHY it is a problem?? I came up with a number
of WHY'S from ventilation, lack of access and it being plain wrong for a new build out. But they still don't
understand. I suggested that since the walls are open and at this time it would be simple to just add a
small closet about 14" deep with doors. But the comment was the closet would be wasted space.

How do you get someone to understand that having accessible wall space for the head-end infrastructure is an
important part of any office space?? That jamming it into a small space beside a refrigerator is just plain wrong. banghead

Any input appreciated. anyone

Thanks,

Les