Hi there,

I came across this forum and I'm trying to figure out the 8EXT Digital Super Hybrid System. I'm currently working at a company that has the system. The KX-TVP 50 I believe. The general gist I'm getting is this system is used to control our phone lines. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just trying to understand the system and see if we need to upgrade, and if it is possibly connected our fax problem.

Problem #1 The fax machine seems to only receive some faxes, and not all. It comes in as a fax error. I have already called the phone service and they state it's clear on their end. We have also changed the printer 3 times. All the cords. We are able to send faxes out, the phone service says it shouldn't be the wall outlet or else we wouldn't be able to send it out. The building isn't too old, and we don't really have a mouse problem so I conclude the wire inside the wall should be fine, but we won't know unless we open it up. So is it possible the 8EXT system could interfere with it? Is it because it is too old? Faxing is important to us, we currently receive PO's that way.

I have tried to google the answers but they all come up with manuals, and a lot of information I don't understand or can't quite scan through. Is there any references you can refer me to?

Problem #2 Do we need it? I've been wondering why we need it, it's such a big machine, is there no alternate? Should we upgrade it? Is there a need to upgrade? We currently have 4 lines plus another 2 for faxes, we may want more lines. Again, would it be worth it more to upgrade?

Problem #3 We are also tied to what phones we can have because of the compatibility. Or at least that is what I have been told. Is there any way around that? We wanted to purchase a voicemail machine, but that goes back to what phones are compatible. I don't want to buy a 10 year old voicemail machine for the next 10 years.

If someone could enlighten me, or even send me some easy to understand resources or where to even start looking that would be awesome.

Thank you, Damsel in Distress.