Hi all, I manage the cabling plant and equipment for a summer camp in Maine.
There is a phone network, an Ethernet network and a PA network.

The camp is empty from October to April. Power is turned off everywhere but one house, no other building has any heating. Temperature often goes down to -10 for long periods.

We used to unplug all electronic equipment, Partner ACS, Ethernet routers and switches and store them for winter in the heated building. That's a lot of work.

For the last 2 years I decided not to store the Ethernet routers and switches. My reasoning was:
- this equipment is wall-mounted in well-ventilated places, so any moisture has time to evaporate,
- temperature goes slowly down over the fall season and slowly up in spring, so there is no sudden shrinkage or expansion of electronic components,
- leaving the units in place means less handling by clumsy/clueless crew members,
- power is off, so power surges are not a threat, and there are no thunderstorms in winter.

So far so good, when power is restored in April everything goes back to work.

Now my question is: could I do this with the Partner ACS? Does has anyone here tried this before?
We have the ACS 6.0 with backup/restore card, and a 8-extension module.
Programming is documented and very simple, it takes about 10 minutes to do it from scratch, so I don't mind if the batteries die during winter.

Opinions, suggestions?