I have a summit VS-5000 system I am trying to set up from scratch. It will have 4 POTS lines and 5 Edge 700 digital phones. For now I am just trying to get the basic setup working so I have POTS lines 2-74 disabled. I have read through these forums, read everything I could find on the Vertical FTP site and have tried everything I can think of, re-initializing the system numerous times and I am still stumped! I am hoping someone can point me towards the correct programs to run to accomplish the following basic things:

1) Assign all of the stations to ring on an incoming CO call! Seems simple but no matter what I have tried, only station 100 rings and flashes the MWI. The flexible buttons on the other stations that correspond to CO1 and station 100 flash at the other stations but they dont ring or flash the MWI. I have tried grouping them every which way i could think of but the programming manual doesn't go into great feature detail and really just confuses me more.

2) Make it so when a station goes off-hook, it grabs the next available CO line without pressing 9. I have tried adding the stations to group "2" and even when station 100 seems to grab CO1 and I get a dialtone, as soon as I dial the number 4 to start dialing, it goes to fast busy.

In other words, I am just looking for how to make it function like a plain old PBX did out of the box years ago (before I dive into all of the other features).

I appreciate any guidance that anyone can provide.