We were sent out to add 3 paging speakers at a factory. They have a Bogen c-100 amp with about 20 bogen speakers (spt15a) hooked up and all are set to the maximum tap setting, which is 15 watts on a 25 volt system(and not supposed to be used for 70v), but they are fed from the 70 volt terminals on the c-100. I guess I'm not sure how this is even working, but they only use it for tornado warning, time clock bells and a few pages once in a while.

I'm afraid to add speakers because, to me, it is drastically over the limit for a 100 watt amp. 20 x 15=300 if I were to hook it up to the 25v terminals on the amp.

I feel stupid telling the customer you need a 4 or 5 hundred watt amp to add my 3 speakers and replace your 100 watt amp that still works.

I checked the line with my Goldline ZM1P Impedance Meter and it reads 230 watts "calculated" on 25 volt setting and off the chart with the 70v setting.

Bogen tech support just says that I need to add up all of the taps and make sure it's not more than 80 percent of the amp wattage.

Do I dare move the speaker output to the 25 volt terminals on the bogen amp. Some speakers are not accessable to change the tap setting.

Do I just add my 3 speakers and hope the amp doesn't overload?

Or just insist on a amp that will push that many speakers?

Thanks for any advice you can give me, im somewhat of a newbie with paging systems, but trying to learn and situations like these just confuse the heck out of me.