hbiss: we are not currently using an auto attendant because the office wants a live person to pick up the phone any time it rings so just 8 office phones ring and the other phones in the classes do not.

You are not well informed.

With a messaging system you don't have to use the AA function if you don't want to. Calls on any line can be answered manually as above but you would have calls that aren't answered in, say, 4 rings hear a menu or just be forwarded to a mailbox. NOT a mailbox for every line!

You want the DISABLE your service provider's stupid ring-no answer forwarding or, if that can't be done at least make it transfer at the maximum number of rings- usually 10. That way your messaging system will pick up after 4 (or more) rings in plenty of time.

Here, spend the 110 bucks and do yourself a favor. https://panasonicbts.factoryoutlets...ategory_id=19376&catalogitemid=60751

The other issue I am having is with outgoing calls. I want to setup each extension to essentially be bound to that phone line (ATA FXO technically). So outgoing calls, I would have to have a separate TRG for each extension with 1 CO on each I guess? For example EXT101 would be on TRG1 which would have CO1 in it. The issue this presents is that then people can not do conference calling and such I guess? That seems silly.

Someone that knows how to program the TD1232 will have to talk about this. I know with other systems I can have lines assigned to extensions no problem. I think your problem is that you are using pools.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.