Thanks Carl. When I installed the Panasonic system in 2013 I remember I had to update some of the jacks since our old system required just two wires. I also had to do some crossover cables for the output of the TDA50 to our patch panel RJ11 jacks.

I am going to have to trace the line tomorrow, waiting for a tone generator to help with this as the phone system is in my hardware store which has wiring upon wiring in ceilings and beams dating back to 1974. We started with a system from IT&T, then later Southwestern Bell which was a real workhorse. We then went to an Alcatel which was overpriced and not very flexible for our needs. The Panasonic replaced the Alcatel system, and it's much more flexible and has stood up to the retail store abuse.

I have to assume that someone crimped a wire somewhere along the run from the phone to the main unit, so tracing it back will be my project tomorrow. If that doesn't work I will probably just make a new run (approximately 140') and be done with it. Just another abandoned wire in the rafters. smile

John