Acquired one of these recently, so I could test for compatibility with my "one board KSU":
[Linked Image from seriss.com]

A Touch-Tone Call Director, 2636CAM.
Wow, many wires packed into this little phone.. and that massive wire with a 3-amphenol connector is pretty impressive/scary. Hope I never have to fix that cable.

Some questions about this phone, as it seems hard to derive this info from the documents I have access to:

• What /are/ those two buttons above the dial pad, and how would the user of the phone expect them to work?
  • Are the lights under those buttons used at all for the functions they support? (Or are they like the normal HOLD button in that they don't normally light, unless wired)
  • Is there a screw terminal board inside the phone like other 1a2 phones? I didn't see one, but was a little apprehensive to poke around too much yet, lest I accidentally break a wire with a phone I'm not yet familiar with
  • Are there any gotchyas I should know about the wiring of these phones? From what I gather giving the schematics a cursory read, I think each connector serves each row of line buttons, ringer wired to Y/S on connector 1, buzzer wired to Y/S on connector 2, and the first 3 "yellow" pairs on connector 2 and 3 manage the 6th line button (Y/B, Y/O and Y/G) in the 2nd and 3rd row buttons.
  • Would it be possible to move the buzzer wires from the Y/S pair on Connector 2 to the Y/O pair on connector #1 inside the phone "easily"? (Not sure if there's a flexible terminal screw board in this phone)
  • Is there a "user manual" for the Call Director that maybe includes docs on the above mentioned 2 buttons?

Regarding the two extra buttons above the dial pad, what I do know:

• The left one is an odd orange/amber color that is perhaps unique to Call Directors. It's a momentary spring loaded switch, and seems to have no mechanical effect on the line buttons
  • The right one is clear, also momentary spring loaded, but resets any line button that is down, much like the regular red HOLD button

Doing some fishing around, I take it /maybe/ the amber button is a flash key (kind of like tapping the hook-switch)?
And perhaps the clear one is for either I-HOLD or Priority Hold..? I'm not sure, and not familiar with either of those functions. I imagine there might be a limit on how many calls one can I-HOLD, and special equipment is needed per-phone set (as opposed to per-line?)

Regarding I-HOLD, I take it that's a special feature where one can put any line on hold in such a way that only this same phone can retrieve the call, and the line light for that line flutters in a special pattern.
And I think other phone sets see the lamp for that line as "in use" (on steady). Mmm, I think.

I couldn't find a clear definition of the I-Hold lamp flash pattern. Between a somewhat vague description in the BSPs, and a doc elsewhere on the net, it seems like it's a pattern of "on steady for two seconds, followed by 1 second of a 12 IPS on/off flutter", and then repeats. But not sure on that. If anyone knows for sure, or can refer to a BSP section# that is more specific, would very much appreciate it. I think I may have seen this pattern before on phones in offices, and wasn't sure exactly what it meant at the time.