I'm the IT Vendor for a customer of mine and they recently had an phone vendor come in and put in some IP Phones by ESI (ESI 60). We have multiple Vlan's setup and we are having a hard time getting the phones to grab an IP address from our DHCP server. We have hooked up a laptop to the port and everything worked fine with regards to grabbing the ip, subnet, gateway, and DNS.

I have the phones that display the Version, Mac address, and an CRC:21E9 code every time we start them up. It lets us select in the prorgram menu either local or remote and when we select local, the phones reboot and we get the same message. I'm going to include the switch port interface configs here in this document so incase we are doing something incorrectly on the switch side. Please keep in mind I have experience with Cisco, Avaya, FreePBX, Polycom, but have never done anything with ESI.

Here is a brief overview of our network Topology:

VLAN 10 - DATA/MAIN
VLAN 20 - Guest
VLAN 30 - Security
VLAN 40 - Voice (We went ahead and scrapped this for now to see if we could get the phones on VLAN 10) I called the phone vendor to get him to switch it on his remote access to the phone system.

Please keep in mind, I got this from another thread on here with someone have issues:https://sundance-communications.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/607647/Searchpage/1/Main/89110/Words/%2Bvlan/Search/true/ip900-and-vlans#Post607647 -- I'm not sure if he got this right at the bottom when he said he fixed it.

Here is the configs for interfaces of the phones and Phone System on the Cisco Switches that was recommended by the above thread:

Phone System Interface
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport trunk native vlan 10
switchport trunk allowed vlan 10,20,30,40
switchport mode trunk
end

Phone Interface
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport trunk allowed vlan 10
switchport mode trunk
end

This is what I thought we should do if we do have it on VLAN 40 and can get it to work:

Phone system Interface
switchport access vlan 40
switchport mode access
spanning-tree portfast
spanning-tree bpduguard enable

Phone Interface
switchport access vlan 40
switchport mode access
spanning-tree portfast
spanning-tree bpduguard enable

If someone can please help me so I can go onsite to remedy the phones not picking up an IP and the CRC code listed above so we can get dial-tone.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing a reply from anyone that can help me. Please let me know if you need any more information.