Alright. Totally off topic (that's why I'm posting it here).

I may be in the market for a color printer/copier for our church. We probably are in the 1-2K per month copies. The crooks at the copier company want about 11 cents per color page and I don't have all the total numbers, but I think that's about twice the rate of owning your own $600 printer. Clearly we need a networking, duplexing printer and I'm not sure if 11x17 is needed. Copies and maybe fax (multifunction) would be best, although no fax and scanning would also work.

So, my question: Do any of you on this forum have experience with color copiers in your business, at your church, or have friends with color laser devices and can you tell me what brand and cost to operate? Just a ballpark. I see horrible reviews on certain Brother and HP brands, a lot to do with refilling laser toner and generic toners. I have a Canon black that uses generic toners for a really cheap price and a Canon ink jet for my very small color needs. I also happen to own about 3 monochrome laser printers that are in storage, but probably not capable of printing 1000 pages a month.

Anyway, please let me know what you guys think.

Carl