Morning All (in the UK anyway) - great forum. Many of my Google searches got hits on posts here smile

We moved offices and did the simple task of moving the system (although in storage for 6 months) to the new office.
Our system is an old CTX100, running simply 5 extensions with DKT3512F-SD phones. ISDN incoming with 2 lines.
I wired the whole building for data and com's myself. Cat6 and 5e respectively. No issues to report there.

The phone system appears to have thrown a little wobbler. The 5 Extensions are DN 200 - 204. All programming seems to be intact, the functionality too except.... Incoming calls only ring on 200 and they cannot be picked up by any other extension unless dialling #5#9 to pick up the call. This is where it get stranger the two line buttons that would normally flash indicating an incoming call or showing a line was in use do not flash on incoming call, the feature button for ext 200 does. Pressing this does not pick up the call.

I have been going through the programming options as best I can with a phone that only has 12 FB buttons and all seems as it was.
Never needed to get into the programming sides of it as it was setup before I worked for the company and has always worked.
I cannot get WinAdmin anywhere, I have eManager installed but fear the community name was changed by the installer as I cannot login using the standard login details. The CTX has a valid IP address and can be ping'd, not sure if I read somewhere that the community name was actually linked to the std IP address, obviously this changed with DCHP. Unfortunately installing eManager to my laptop has been a failure to get close to the system with a crossover cable.
Is it possible to check the community name through the phone programming interface, nothing in the button programming manual mentioning community name at all.

The system is able to take both lines incoming at the same time, transfer calls etc all is it should. It just the ringing and answering on only ext 200 that is all a bit strange, oh and annoying as it is my phone Sucks

Sorry about the war and peace first post.

Thanks for any suggestions
Nigel