Ill start off by saying that I am entirely new to this forum, and also new to any form of telecommunications.

I was recently hired at an alarm center, and the phone system here appears outdated. I know from checking out the phone closet that they use a Toshiba Strata DK424 phone system. The phones at our stations appear to be mostly Toshiba DKT-2020 models.

My question revolves mostly around the possibility of me donating my 15 or so modern Polycom phones to the company, and using them to replace the old phones. Is this possible? Or is it due to the fact that they are different brands/standards not allow them to be used to to proprietary systems?

A tertiary question, not sure if this is the best forum to ask this, but I'll give it a go. My work uses the MAStermind Monitoring suite, and we wanted to get the auto-dial function working again. Would this work with my new Polycom phones? Or maybe even with using the older Toshiba models? Having an auto-dial function would be a life saver as I make lots of calls and entering the numbers becomes tedious quickly.

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I am interested in learning about telecommunications a bit more deeply but these things seem quite daunting from first glance. I will happily answer any additional questions that might help.
Thanks in advance for any help or advice! smile

Last edited by DaneH3; 12/31/19 08:04 AM.