I'm in need of some insight from everyone.

I've posted to the forum in the past, but nothing in recent years (because everything was working well).

I've been with the same company since 1999 (I'm in computer IT & networking, not telephony)....but have been looking at the same phone equipment since it was new in 1999.

We have a Comdial Debut voicemail, Comdial Impact 8324S (seven handsets), and a Comdial DSU-II (J0816) with an additional 2 modules (JM408). We have 7 phone lines through Spectrum (voice & internet).

Recently (approximately 3 weeks ago) we began experiencing call (voice) quality issues...specifically, not being able to hear the person we were speaking with. This is happening for incoming AND outgoing calls. The recipient can ALWAYS hear us, but what we hear is very broken up (like you would hear on a poor cell phone call) OR we can't hear them at all. It's also not on every call...this only happens sporadically....sometimes in the AM, sometimes PM...sometimes all day and on every call.

I've done the basics....rebooted our phone equipment...and the Spectrum equipment I have access to. We've called Spectrum several times and haven't received a clear answer...other than the "signal" to our equipment is good. They did send out a Spectrum technician, who installed a new coax distribution block and a device that looks like an amplifier (power brick attached to the coax distribution block.

I realize our phone equipment is old, but is it time to give up on it? My gut feeling says now, but I would be pleased to have others add their opinion.

I hope I've given you enough information to give us (me) your insights, opinions and assistance.
Thanks!