As much as I sympathize with the reason for the letter I'm not sure what the union, any union, could do. Their job is to protect workers rights not to make sure the company has competent people in authority to make decisions that treat customers as they should be treated. I shook my head many times at the way AT&T operated, I've seen first hand in joint union management meetings where we pleaded with the company to not do what they were planning as it would lose customers and cost jobs. It all fell on deaf ears and of course the members would ask us why we didn't do more, so we caught it from both ends. Just look now at copper plant, how many years did the unions try to persuade the companies to repair and maintain it? Now look at the state of service where the plant has deteriorated to the point of no or at the best very poor service where fiber wasn't run, with no plans to run it now. Anyway, that's my take and I too could give you numerous stories and situations on the issue, but it's too late now, the jobs are gone.

Last edited by justbill; 04/11/20 09:05 PM.

Retired phone dude