Funny Ed....1980 I was getting out of the military after being an installer for 4 years. Like you I passed the test and heard nothing. When I called someone I knew at the local operating company they had one of the hiring mangers let me know the same thing. Looking for someone a little different looking than me. Went into the interconnect world and holy crap it was like robbing a bank. I can remember installing Northern Telecom PBXs in many locations. It wasn't uncommon to install 70 phone PBX systems in banks for $250K. Companies would get prepaid for systems and deliver them in 6-8 months. Picked up $600K checks for projects many times. I started at one interconnect that was one of the fastest growing companies in the US. When I showed up they couldn't buy enough vans. They told me to go get my service vehicle and I could get what ever I could work out of. The headquarters building was full of company bought Cadillacs. I asked if they were sure about anything to work out of. They said no problem. I drove a white Lincoln Town Car Cartier Series with a ladder hanging out of the trunk. Best riding service vehicle i ever had. Man I miss those days.

[Linked Image]