I just just replaced an old Nec 2400 with a fairly large SV9100 with Inmail.
The customers uses several different extension ranges 3000s 4000s 5000s 6000s 8000s

The Inmail has several trees using Dial Action tables for one key dialing. Each tree uses at least 6-8 keys for navigating to different departments.

My question is, what is your best workaround if someone wants to dial an extensions directly?
Considering that keys 3, 4, 6. And 8 are used.

What i did was use routing box 1 (with Dial action table 1) set up most of the keys for unsupervised transfer XXXX Saying" thank you for calling, if you know your parties extension please dial it now" Then a short pause, then it says" otherwise, choose from one of the following" Then on timeout it goes to another routing box and starts the one key dialing for departments.. and a total of 8 routing boxes 8 dial action tables.

So basically the caller can dial a extension directly only if they're in that first short box.
Is there a better way?

I like that the Elitemail and repartee had the 1 second delay feature to accommodate this.

Also, I sure wish there was a name field in the routing boxes and dial action tables to keep track of whats what.

Last edited by Numnum67; 04/21/20 10:23 PM.