Good day to all of you! I haven't been on this thread for years after I installed my Mitel SX-50 to power my old rotary phones throughout the house, but have finally started to install my old 1A2 Key system. I will post pictures of what I have shortly, and some fun Autovon stuff I have, too!

I have a general question about the 401A, and haven't really been able to find an answer. Can it be used to connect to an external PA speaker? So when button is depressed, you can have a public address? I have an external amplifier/speaker that has a 'phone line' connection on the back of it, so was wondering if that would do the trick. I attempted it, but could not get it to work. I thought maybe I could barely hear something, but I did notice that with the 401A card installed and the jumps made (1,3,5,7,9,11,43/2,4,6,8,10,12,44) as per manual, that I was able to hear myself through the telephone handset earpiece, when a normal 400D card you wouldn't.

I am in no way an expert; quite the novice. But I love to learn, try to figure things out, and try to do as much reading as possible. Taking it all in--there's lots of experience here!! Any general info/guidance much appreciated.

-Bob Hull

Nothing ever happens if you don't show up!