Good evening! In the midst of working on my KSU projects, I went up into my barn to look through some old things I've had for probably 20 years. There's some great things in there, and thought I'd share some pictures with you, and put some feelers out there as to its worth, its interest, and possibly find a new home.

I think I have some unobtaniums in there, including all the original near perfect condition WE testing equipment, the 2M repeater (which I think was to transmit phone over HF?), Autovon sets (I have many more of those, both rotary and touch tone), signal meters, etc...

It came out of Lockport Air Station, which was the 763d Radar Squadron here in Western New York. There was a small telephone company, Sanborn Telephone, that served a very small area, and never got absorbed into NYT/Verizon. In fact still today, it's Frontier out of Rochester, the only footprint they have up this way. In any event, the military radar unit did alot of transmissions to Griffiss AFB in Rome, NY at the Air Defense Sector, so I assume much of this comm stuff had to do with that. I'm 23 years Air Force, so always love the history. While this base is about 10 minutes from Niagara Falls Air Base which is where I'm stationed, I went through the abandoned facility about 20 years ago and was able to save a bunch of what you see here. Take a look and see what you think. Some 1A equipment in there and Western Electric tubes, also. Maybe you all might have more insight on some of this stuff. Enjoy!

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nz34xu87ucavigc/AAAiAEnfro3kzQS_jHg1du2Ua?dl=0[/img]

Nothing ever happens if you don't show up!