I have a few Verizon customers with PBXs experiencing one way speech. No incoming speech. These are incoming calls and it is not consistent but it is troubling for a medical office. Patients call the office, staff don't hear anything and hang up. Outgoing is fine. Happens often and the customer will call repeatedly and then both sides can speak. These are different systems, totally unrelated. Geographically they are in close proximity. I tested with land lines, cell phones and unable to recreate. But I've witnessed and answered incoming calls at these locations with no incoming speech. The problem is real. Typically it is the main number. I suspect it's almost always a cell phone calling but can't be certain.

I contact Verizon and plead our case. Haven't gotten very much of an answer, they suggest reboot the Fios ONT but these aren't all FIOS! Not sure how to proceed.

A few years ago I had a similar issue with Comcast and Verizon wireless. A Comcast tech described it as ghost calls and revealed they had a routing issue. Verizon so far hasn't admitted anything and I am curious if anyone else has had this problem.