Former employer used to sell Soincwall...until we stopped selling on premise phone systems and went to hosted systems. They were a nightmare for VoIP. Even when everything was configured the way it was supposed to be, even with SIP ALG turned off, things tended to break. Sonicwall would suggest a firmware update, requiring after hours work to bring down the customer's network, meanwhile they think we've sold them a dud of a phone system. Support was horrible, and it was clear the sale to Dell and back again was rough on them. We dropped Sonicwall and went with Fortinet. Didn't have a single firewall related voice issue between when we switched to selling Fortinet and when I left the company.

My challenge recently has been a side customer I have (my current position is entirely internal working on Avaya Aura and managing an IT service group) that isn't large enough to justify a more expensive firewall, so they rely on their AT&T provided "residential" gateway. It has been nothing but problems. Currently working through an issue with it causing their SIP trunks to drop registration a couple times a month.

Last edited by Andyreed; 06/04/22 03:56 PM.