A customer with a 1A2 system with analog lines is looking to transition some of the analog lines to a cellphone using an Xlink bluetooth gateway.

The old analog lines use Viking AR-1 autoattendants, so I did a test inserting the Xlink cell gateway in front of the Viking unit and have it appear as one of the KSU lines, e.g:

[Linked Image from seriss.com]

Seems like remote callers (either cell or analog in origin) reach the Viking's autoattendant OK via the Xlink, but can't dial through the voice menu.. it's like the Viking unit isn't able to parse the touch tones coming through the Xlink properly.

I inserted a phone between the Xlink and the Viking just to hear the transaction, and I do hear the touch tones from the remote. So not sure if the Viking just isn't trying hard enough, or if the Xlink isn't reproducing the touch tones accurately enough.

Anyone ever run into this, or how to best debug?

I can just imagine opening a support issue with either Viking or Xlink; they'd probably blame each other, Xlink complaining about the Viking not being forgiving enough to parse the DTMF frequencies, and Viking complaining about the Xlink sound quality.

My guess is it's the Xlink not converting the remote touch tones to analog frequencies correctly, since I can dial the Viking unit over analog lines from a cell phone and navigate the voice menu just fine.

But not sure how exactly to prove the quality of the Xlink's cell-to-analog conversion is the real issue. I guess I could pull out my scope and try to monitor the DTMF frequencies.

Any advice would be helpful.

Last edited by Greg Ercolano; 06/21/22 09:10 PM. Reason: Small clarifications