Hopefully without drifting too far off topic...

I'm find an acceptable PC mother board to install the Elan version of Memory Card Explorer as well as Ricoh's MCERICOH 1.00 for Windows XP. Both software packages are compatible with the Elan P423 Card which can among other items read/write to Linear Flash Cards, which both Avaya and Ricoh uses in their older systems.

The software seemingly has a bundle of rules for hardware compatibility.

I was hoping to use an Intel D945GNT mother board with a P4 processor. It also has SATA HDD connections. If that is not viable, I suppose a search for a P3 Motherboard will be next.

I tried installing on a fresh XP install with a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard and Intel I5 CPU. This mother board I had previously from another purpose.

MCE started up with no conflicts. This is further than I have ever been able to get with on any other box I have here at home. MCE set-up can only include/exclude up to 8 PC slots.

The Gigabyte MB's first PC slot (closest to the CPU) is labeled #12. Obviously MCE couldn't see the Elan P423 card reader in PC slot #12. crazy shocked

I asked about this on Copytechnet and most of the replies were, (why mess with something so old). Well it works, and as long as it continues to work it won't cost me a boatload of cash to replace it....just yet. smile

The MCE manual is posted here:
MCE for Windows XP User Guide (Ricoh)

For reference the Elan P423 data is found here:
P423 PCI Bus to PC Card Read-Writers 2 Slot Internal

Last edited by DonaldR; 07/05/22 09:59 PM. Reason: additional info.

"Most people don't have a sense of humor. They think they do, but they don't." --Jonathan Winters