I wanted to give an update on my progress.

A full version of Elan Memory Card Explorer v3.21 was shared with me about a month ago. I was able to successfully install and use it with a fresh install of Windows XP x86 on a new Intel Intel D945GTP mother board with a Pentium 4, 1 gigabyte of ram and a 1TB HDD. This mother board is a bit more modern in that it has SATA for the HDDs. The PC Card Reader/Writer is an Elan P423 which I purchased as NOS on eBay of which Synchrotech has a few more for sale.

Elan Memory Card Explorer will also operate on other hardware such as PC laptops with a card reader of a certain era.

My search for more info about Elan Memory Card Explorer led me to the MHHAuto Usergroup, where I was able to piece together some important missing information. According to the MHHAuto Usergroup a few known PC laptops which this will work on are the Dell Inspiron 9100, Dell d531, Dell D630 XP laptop, Dell 620, and Dell 630.

I was able to successfully erase and copy the .bin files for Avaya ACS R5 and ACS R6 to both a Lucent branded Partner ACS PC Card (Backup/Restore PC Card) and an Avaya branded Backup/Restore Card. Both were ID'd by Memory Card Explorer as AMD C/D compatible Smart Technology 1MB Linear Flash cards.

Without a hitch I was then able to successfully update the Avaya Partner ACS I have here from R3, to R5 and then R6.

"Most people don't have a sense of humor. They think they do, but they don't." --Jonathan Winters