Good morning, all--

I have a lot of 1A2 fires burning in the old system, some of which I've solved, others I haven't been able to. This is one of them.

I have a 1008B adjunct rotary (from the Autovon days and setup). It's a basic rotary that sits next to the touchtone phone, nothing out of ordinary other than matching up W/W/B/G to a different color cable coming out. Thankfully there's a BSP available and I have that.

When you hook up the rotary connections to the touchtone phone, the connection pulses, but doesn't inturrupt the dial tone. In fact, you can hear the dial tone through each pulse. From what I've been able to read, a normal rotary would be hooked up to F/RR, and GN/R terminals. The touchtone 2564 phone doesn't seem to like that.

Is there a modification that needs to be made in order to interrupt the dial tone and pulse the line? I've been studying all the schematics for the 2564, 564, 2500, 500 phones and I still come back to these terminals as where they're supposed to be, but I don't fully understand the touchtone side of the house--are there terminals to hook up to that bypass that portion of the set?

Thanks in advance!

Bob

Nothing ever happens if you don't show up!