We have a two cabinet Axxess 11.004 that went down earlier today. Turned out one of the power supplies was bad. Went out & replaced a 9 amp with the same. All the PS LED's were on and the system was back online...except for...the voicemail.

Entire system is about 7 years old. VM resides on a separate PC but can't remember the name. APDEV is running on the PC.

Although I could previously remote in (VPN into customers network & then use Session Manager), I can no longer successfully get into the switch and voicemail shows "voicemail unavailable" when calling from a keyset. When trying to connect with Session Manager, I get up to "ASAI connected, loading database" and it just hangs there for 5, 10 or 15 minutes until a failure message.

Using the PC / Voicemail and Session Manager I get to the same point as I do when trying to remote in on the VPN.

Again, the only thing changed was the power supply...and call processing is working fine. FYI, system has two nodes. We've done the rebooting the switch as well as the voicemail.

Thanks