We have had intermittent issues with VM and fax to email for always. When things stop coming through by email, I fiddle with the system, restart it, etc and eventually it will start working again. However, this usually also causes old messages that were stuck in the system somewhere to be sent. After fiddling with it today, I got voicemails from 9/2; however the last time I fiddled with it was 9/6. There were also some faxes from 9/2 that showed up today as well. They system seems to have been working fine since 9/6.

We have Axxess 9.007. The VPU is W2k with Outlook 2k3.

Outlook has to be open on the VPU in order for the emails to come through. If Outlook is closed, it doesn't work. Part of the repair fiddling is to restart Outlook. Usually when I restart Outlook it says that the default folders cannot be opened, so I have to create a new PST for the profile. Then things usually start working again.

After fiddling with it today, I eventually just rerouted faxes to the machine. My VM is set to forward only; however message are going to my phone only.

Is the VM/Fax to email system just not reliable? Is there a better system?