Hello Folks !!

I wear a lot of hats at work ... but installing this new phone system is gonna be a new one. Let me tell you what I've got in mind, and then I would REALLY love to hear your thoughts and recomendations.

Five slot carrier configured as follows:

Slot 1 - 1600 DSL card -- I'm not really sure how I want to use this, but my first thought is to NOT use the DSL port and let internet access be serviced through the LAN port. The folks that I bought this equipment from (athq.com) said that the 1600 DSL cards had been a lot of problems and recommended against trying to use it. They said that it wasn't a good idea to try to carry data (LAN, Internet) through the phone system at all as it would be VERY slow. But ... I'm a bit of "hardhead". One thing that I'm concerned about is that the card that they sent me is REV 4 and I thought that this card was up to at least REV 5.

Slot 2 - 0308 Expansion Card

Slot 3 - Partner ACS Rev 7 Processor

Slot 4 - Left Empty

Slot 5 - Partner VoiceMail Rev 7

I'm going to do all wiring using Cat 6 UTP in 23 AWG using the T568A standard.

I'm going to try to administer the system using the PC-based Administration software for the Partner systems.

I'll be using (2) Dual Zone Radio Modules -- I was going to use (4) and have heavily overlapping coverage, but I read that the overlap is a problem and that they can't be paralleled ... that the second zone must occupy separate extensions and be somehow tied together in software.

What do I need to know to save me much grief, blood, sweat, & tears ?

Thanks in advance ....

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill_N (edited March 02, 2005).]