OK, I've screwed around with this for the better part of a day and gotten no where.

Merlin Legend V5, with 2 408 cards and an 012. The first two LS/GS ports on the first card are assigned to pool 70. The first two LS/GS ports on the second card are assigned to pool 890.

We have one console, an MLX-20L in QCC mode on the first MLX port of the first card. I can dial '9' and it will pick up one of the trunks in pool 70. I can dial a number and place a call.

The problems is that if one of the lines (in either pool) rings, I can't answer it. The console rings, and the trunk info is displayed on the screen (for example, "LDN 801") but if I pick up the handset, all I get is dialtone. Not the regular internal dialtone, but what sounds like phone company dial tone. It's not that, I disconnected the other lines to make sure. The system is generating this tone, and the line that is ringing is never actually answered. (I called from my cell phone and ringback continues until I press end, picking up the handset on the console makes no difference)

Now, I'm not overly familiar with the legend system (I've done mostly nortel), but I have all the manuals, and all the other programmabilities seem to have fallen into place. Any ideas to point me in the right direction?

One thing I haven't figured out, is how dialing '9' got assigned to that pool. After the system renumbering, it just happened to be that way. I can't find any way to change that, nor can I figure out how to assign a dial code to any of the other pools. None of which is a big deal, whereas being able to receive calls is, but it points to the probability that I'm missing something obvious.

Thank you in advance for any assistance...

Dylan. SATUBAW (Some American techs use BIX as well)!