Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
rsurin Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello I have a magix system R4.0 I have a t/r card I have ext 22 and when I pickup the phone I want it to automaic ring ext 23 how do i do this I have ext 22 & 23 as a hotline but dont know where to tell the ext to dial another ext when the phone is picked up

Thanks
Bob

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
The beginning of the section of the Merlin Magix Feature Reference Guide that covers "Speed Dial" contains the general sequence. You will need to use a SLT to program the Personal Speed dial number into EXT 22.

"# + Personal Speed Dial code (01–24) + *21 + dial-out code + tel.
no. + ##; a single-line telephone user must also dial #00 at the start
of this programming procedure."

I Love FEATURE 00
You not only have to assign the first personal speed dial as the number to reach, but you also need to add the extension as a hotline phone.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
rsurin Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok wow I think this helps Here is what is going on I have a door phone that I want to work with ext 22 on the t/r card. I have ext 23 (t/r) going out to a line port (813) I asign the line to the phones so when the door phone button is pushed it will dial ext 23 then ring like and outside call is comming threw. I have ext 22 & 23 as a hot line. does this sound right to you

HELP

RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
I'm not seeing this part being specified:

The "PERSONAL SPEED DIAL" must be on #01 for the HOTLINE feature to work.

I hope this helps.......

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
That sounds right IF all the doorphone does is go offhook and dial 23. A "dumb" doorphone can be treated as a hotline phone (and rely on the speed dial entry and hotline phone programming to make it work). That OR DON'T assign the extension as a hotline if the doorphone is "intelligent" and can itself be programmed to do the dialing.

Either the switch is going to do the dialing or the doorphone will--those are the choices. You wanna share doorphone manufacturer/controller/model numbers? Most guys on the Avaya board have this stuff licked and will answer with confidence if given this information.

rsurin Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a door striker that opens the front door I have it going into the co port on the phone system It works but when I press the co line to open the door it will buzz the door but will not turn off is there somthing in the phone system to tell it to disconnect after 7 sec on a merlin magix R4.0 ? I can't find it in the magix programming. Help LOL Thanks

Bob

Be nice to have that manufacturer/controller/model info. I like to use the Viking C-2000 or C-3000 with the K-1700 Speakerphone (among other combinations). Those have programmable disconnect timers, so nothing needs to be done on the PBX side.

If you disable those timers, the door "won't turn off" until you remove power from the controller or door strike circuit.

rsurin Offline OP
OP Offline
Cool!!!just what I wanted to hear I have a Avaya viking C-1000 IM working on the door phone I push the button and it rings the other phones but I cant intercom back and forth The door phone is old and worked with the system I took out there are only 1 pair from the door phone I hook up an analog phone and it rings the phones and i can talk back and forth. Do you think the door phone is just too old for the C-1000

Thanks
Bob

The C-1000A/B is the controller and can be used with a number of Viking products as well as an ordinary analog phone (see Section H of the C-1000 manual for details).

Two thoughts:

1) Program the CO port on a phone's button (or dial #9 and the trunk number). If you then dial #1, can you hear the person at the doorphone (this won't work with a standard 2500 set)? If it IS a standard 2500 set, what happens when you dial x23?

2) If that doesn't work, I wonder if you need to start from scratch and default the unit. I'd sure like to know what's hooked up to what and the positions of all three dip switches as well as the Talk Battery switch.

If you get tight on time and can't work with the delay of the back and forth on the board, call 1-715-386-8666 between 8:00am and 4:00pm Central for free technical support.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,313 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 166 guests, and 286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024